Personal Information We Collect
Listed below are details about the categories of information we collect:
- Contact Information: name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information: We may collect your zip code, age, gender, and the device type and operating system you are using to access our sites.
- Identifiers: IP address, username, account number, password and other security information for authentication and access.
- Geolocation Data: the general region or area from which you access our site.
- Usage Data: data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including browsing and click history, device types, operating system, browser settings, IP address, language settings, and Site use data including information about how you navigate the Site, other websites, and the Internet.
- Employment Information: If you apply for a job, we collect information about you, your prior education and work history and your skills and qualifications for the position. We may ask about your salary expectations and how you learned of the position. We may also ask you for contact information for references.
Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, demographic information, identifiers to:
- Provide you with the requested products or services
- Communicate with you; and
- Respond to inquiries.
- Employment Purposes: We use your contact information, demographic information, and employment information when you apply for a job with us
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, to improve our marketing efforts, and provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communication
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Sites: We use your contact information, identifiers, employment information, geolocation data, and usage data to improve our Sites, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, employment information, and usage data to protect our Sites, products and services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employees, our carriers and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduc
- Legal: We use your contact information, identifiers, employment information, geolocation data, and usage data to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
Methods of Collecting Information
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, demographic information, identifiers, and employment information that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically: When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, and employment information from third parties, including service providers and public authorities.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
How We Share Information With Others
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of the Services, the Sites, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, transportation, and background check). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns.
- Government Entities: We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; corporate registries; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients: We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
- Other Reasons: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Sites, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may include links to other websites or applications whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites or applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
This Website is Not Intended for Children
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 13, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law. We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Processing in the United States
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at:
Octo Consulting Group
Attn: Privacy Office
10780 Parkridge Boulevard
Reston, VA 20191
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on the website where this appears. Please check our website periodically for updates.